Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Swing the Damn Bat

Okay, so I played my first game of co-ed softball tonight. It was a preseason game, which I think is silly and a waste of time. This isn’t Spring Training for Christ sake. Anyway, things went well and we won 13-7, but I am still a pissed off. Why? Because this is co-ed slow pitch so taking an ass load of pitches so you walk every time is fucking ridiculous.

We were trying a new lady on the mound tonight and the jackasses on the other team realized this and just took walk after walk after walk. And for anyone who has played slow pitch knows, you walk a man and he automatically takes second base and the following lady takes first. This process makes for a long inning. I would understand if our pitcher was throwing the ball over the backstop (which I have seen my step-sister do) or pulling a Rick Ankiel circa 2000, but they weren’t. The pitches were close enough to swing at, but they just kept the bat on their shoulder.

I take great joy in the fact that this strategy backfired. You gotta hit the ball to score the big runs, assholes. I also take joy in the fact that I came in as reliever and pitched two shutout innings.

Still got it, wa cha!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I trust you're "getting out of the box like a b•tch" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. BTW Where you the new pitcher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are trying to find a new pitcher since they want me on first base, of course!

    ReplyDelete