Monday, August 10, 2009

Still Got It!

Along with my new diet, I am supposed to be trying new things. So today I agreed to go with a new friend from the gym to a step aerobics class at a neighboring naval base (Bremerton’s base doesn’t offer step).

I have taken step classes in the past, so I was surprised to find I was nervous. My stomach actually hurt a little. What the hell did I have to be nervous about? I guess I just didn’t want to look like a fool in front of everyone in the class and my new friend. In the past I would have come up with some excuse to get out of going and somehow justified it in my head. I probably would have called my friend Moosh, she justifies everything for me. But I told myself I couldn’t do that, I had to go.


I am so glad I did because I kicked so much ass that I could have taught the damn thing. Okay, maybe I wasn’t that good, but I kept up and can’t wait to go back next week! So, in the immortal words of my friend Knepper, “Still got it!” (She would also add two air gunshots with a return to holster, but I won’t take it that far.)

Tomorrow I have my first softball game in 4ish years. We will see if that goes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment