Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Diet Update

So it has been three weeks since I have been trying to eat “real” food and do away with processed nonsense. I am happy to say that I have lost 5 pounds and haven’t really felt too deprived.

I am a little disappointed in myself though. In the past when I try to watch what I eat I tend to get into gourmet ruts, eating the same thing day to day. And it looks like I have done it again. After exploring some organic options, I found a handful of things that I like and that is all I eat. No more exploration for me.

So I am on the hunt for some recipes that will expand my horizons. I mean, I don’t want to come home with a bushel of veggies that will just rot in my fridge. I have talked with some friends who are going to send me some of their favorites, so I am hopeful.

I also need to make a trip to Whole Foods, but the nearest one will involved a Ferry ride and a 40 minute walk. I could make a day of it, but making it a regular stop while I am here in Washington, doesn’t seem very realistic.

Okay, enough with the pity party. I can only do what I can do. I am pumped and will continue on!

No comments:

Post a Comment