Sunday, September 13, 2009

Scaling back?

I weigh myself everyday.

Yes, even after losing the weight and keeping it off for almost six years, I cannot stop myself from stepping on the scale each morning before breakfast. And I would love to say that the number that appears doesn’t affect my day, but sadly it does. The lower the number, that happier I am.

Self-proclaimed experts seem to disagree when it comes to the scale subject. Some say weighing oneself everyday helps keep the weight at bay; others believe that facing the scale daily can do psychological harm. So what is a girl to do?

I have been wondering if I could go a week without weighing myself and if it would help me or hinder? I have gone a week before without stepping on a scale, but that is when I was on a seven-day cruise where watching my weight wasn’t a priority, or even feasible. And I won’t even tell you how much I gained during that stint.

I want to take my focus off of food. I want to go a day and not calculate the calories in my head or on paper. I’m not sure if stepping OFF the scale can help me do that, but it is worth a try. So I will weigh myself one last time this Monday morning and then I will see how long I can last.

No comments:

Post a Comment