Monday, July 27, 2009

Grocery Shopping

I am so screwed.
My “triumphant” trip to the grocery store for real, organic food has left me feeling like a complete idiot. I wandered around that store, list in hand, feeling like I was in a foreign country. The best way to explain my total failure would be to show you the list I went into the store with compared to the list of what I purchased.


Here WAS my plan of action:
Organic Bread
Organic Oatmeal
Organic Yogurt
Organic meat
Cage Free Eggs
Organic Fruit
Organic Veggies
Organic Nuts

And this is what I came out with:
Almonds
Organic pasta and marinara sauce
Organic bread
Organic yogurt and Greek yogurt (Jillian’s idea)
Organic chicken and noodle soup
Raisins

Not sure how I am going to get three meals and two snacks a day out of that, but I will try. I think I will also have to try another grocery store and go in a little more prepared. I’m not sure why I thought great food and fabulous ideas were just going to fall into my basket. A plan should lessen the time I spend wondering around the store. I mean, you know you are in trouble when three different grocery workers ask you if you need help finding something. The meat counter lady wouldn’t give up and literally followed me all the way to the bakery department.

Recipes would be a good idea as well, but a heat wave has hit the Great Northwest and the idea of using an oven makes me sweat. Granted it is only 91 degrees in Bremerton today, but the lack of air conditioning combined with the 400 square foot box in which I live has made things uncomfortable to say the least. As if my white trash neighbors need a reason to walk around without their shirts, this heat has pushed them to the brink. And now the pool is closed, permanently! More on my fabulous neighbors later!

No comments:

Post a Comment