Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Week of Firsts

  • I made my very first Pot Roast with potatoes and vegetables. This may not sound like a big deal, but anyone who has ever lived with me knows my dinner usually consists of hot dogs and popcorn (all low fat, of course). According to Scott, it was edible.
  • I attended my first Turbokick class in over four years at a neighborhood gym. Oh my god I forgot how incredibly hard that damn class is. If you have seen any infomercial on it, do not be fooled at how much fun the participants seemed to be having. They are faking it…and probably died shortly after.
  • This morning was the first time I saw my breath in I don’t know how long (don’t yell at me my beloved Midwesterners).
  • This may sound weird, but bear with me. While driving to the gym the other morning, I passed a Home Depot. Near the driveway into the parking lot stood at least 25 men. At first I was confused, but then realized they were waiting to see if they could get picked up as a day laborer. I had never seen that in person, only on TV shows like CSI and Law and Order.
  • This week marked the first time I made a U-turn at a stoplight, and it was legal (California is weird).
  • I made a friend using the Internet. One of the things I have learned during the process of moving all over the country is how difficult it is to make friends as an adult, especially when you don’t work in an office. So I decided I would try the Internet and low behold it worked. I found myself a workout buddy and someone to help me find the best mall and a good hair salon (all very important things).

1 comment: